“This year, as most people by now will know, The Queen will celebrate 70 years on the Throne and also as Head of the Commonwealth” Michael Fabricant says.
“The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022, for two age categories, asks entrants to explore the positive impact that can be achieved through dedication and selfless commitment to our Commonwealth and the top two winners from each category will be awarded with a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony at a royal palace.
“The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is open for entries from now until Thursday 30 June 2022.
“I hope schools will encourage their students to enter” adds Michael.
There are two categories to the competition:
Seniors: Those born between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2008 (14-18 years of age)
- Imagine you are a Head of Government delivering a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting(CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech that highlights what you believe should be a priority for collective action within the Commonwealth.
- Committed to the Commonwealth.
- Her Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a period that saw enormous social change driven by visionary and committed leaders. Reflect on an inspirational leader from this period.
- “Whilst experiences of the last year have been different across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment and selfless dedication to duty have been demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, notably by those working on the frontline who have been delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” – Her Majesty The Queen, Commonwealth Day Message 2021. Imagine you are working on the front line. Write about your experience, explaining why you serve your community and why your service matters.
Juniors: those born on or after 1 July 2008 (under 14 years of age)
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community
For more information on how to enter the competition please visit, www.royalcwsociety.org
Follow @RoyalCWSociety on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for writing tips!
Email email@example.com with any questions.